What Are the Uses of Lifting Equipment for Construction Sites and Other Infrastructure Projects?
By Amelie Lawrence
Lifting equipments are used for lifting things in construction sites, factories etc. Innovations this is area has happened in order to bring you solutions for everyday needs in the above-mentioned areas offering wide ranging applications in areas like manufacturing plants and infrastructure projects. You will find a complete range of Hoists, Cranes and customized jib cranes and hoists etc.
- Companies manufacturing lifting equipment specialize in handling and hoisting bulky and heavy loads. Experts in lifting equipment industry always maintain a practical focus and boast on huge experience.
- They tackle demanding assignments from a wide variety of industries. Along with providing you proven standard solutions for needs that may arise in your business.
We know that cranes are lifting equipment. Some other examples of lifting equipment are:
- Overhead cranes they come with their supporting runways
- Electric Chain Hoists
- Jib Cranes & Vacuum Lifters
- Motor vehicle lifts
- Vehicle tail lifts and cranes fitted to vehicles
- A building cleaning cradle and its suspension equipment
- Goods and passenger lifts
- Fork lifts
- lifting accessories
What are lifting accessories? Some examples are
- Fiber or rope slings
- Spreader beams
Equipment inspection, maintenance and thorough examination are required as they are heavy duty machineries. Safety and security of material and life is important.
What is termed as inspection or maintenance of the lifting equipment?
This includes the checking of different systems like:
- Power cables
- Magnet check for damage and ensure that they are properly supported
- Magnet assembly to see if there is any damage to the suspension points
- Retaining bolts must be kept tight
- Check for deterioration of insulation resistance;
- Check the coil resistance value for no faults
- Electrical plug and socket connectors are in good condition
Get hoists which have good strength and capacity for lifting things for mechanical needs:
- Ensure mechanical strength, insulation and Electrical conductivity are being maintained
- Ensure battery back-up alarm works when the power is off
- Ensure battery backup is well charged
- control boxes/pendants – check for damage, legibility of control labels, correct function of
- control labels must be legible
- controls including audible and visible warning devices must be working well.
- Magnetic adhesion – A periodic verification where a ‘test piece’ is inserted to a non-metallic material between the magnet and the material
- lifting accessories e.g. chains, links etc associated with the magnet – must be thoroughly examine
How will the inspection and maintenance help you?
- It will help you projects where you need to meet all associated regulatory requirements for hardware, with independent inspection carried out in accordance with all applicable regulations, standards and engineering practices.
- You can be sure of a correct, safe and proper working capability and condition of your lifting and hoisting equipment.
- If in a good working condition, you will be able to maintain the capability and availability of your equipment.
- It will take full advantage of the good maintenance you have give your machinery and ensure full uptime and you can have planned outages to minimize operational impact
Look for crane, hoisting and lifting equipment inspection services that are available in the market: To list a few,
- Ask for checking of brakes, clutches, sheaves, and wire rope assemblies of the lifting equipments.
- Look for design studies and calculation reviews and doubly ensure that every reading is well within the permissible limits.
- Check for dynamic and static load testing
- Inspect all the structural load bearing members, including sheaves
- Check for crane girders, rails and columns of overhead cranes
There are many parameters which you must consider before you buy any type of lifting equipment. Along with the price you must also check the quality of the lifts so that it becomes easier to carry on with the lifting activities during any process of construction.