Prefab Houses – The Best Eco-Sustainable Home
By Mary Mathis
Sustainable homes are emerging to be a popular trend, which is built using sustainable materials and designs. Taking this trend to another level is the prefab houses that combine the best of resources, design, and style but at a relatively affordable cost. Besides, being sustainable due to the way they are constructed, these homes offer impeccable durability and can withstand the test of time for years to come.
What Makes Prefab Houses Eco-Friendly?
There is not just one but many reasons that make the prefab homes an eco-friendly alternative to the traditional houses and these are:
- Quality Control: The moisture control often seen in these houses can have a positive impact on the monthly energy bills. In case of conventional homes, insulators are installed on the walls and ceilings as moisture gets trapped within the exterior of the walls. Then, this moisture rots within the insulation and decreases the resistance quality of the home against mold. Compared to this, prefab houses have high-quality insulation that decreases the chances of thermal breaks and keeps the house well insulated.
- Less onsite labor: Majority of the construction of prefabricated homes occurs in the factory itself and this is something that makes it a cost-effective measure against the conventional homes. This is because roughly 50% of onsite labor is required for the job and this leads to lower wastage on-site, making it an eco-friendly option for others.
- Cost per square feet is lower: The value of prefab homes is usually lower when compared to other homes. Their cost per square feet can get as less as 25%, and that is the reason why professional companies get the entire house constructed at a much faster pace and that too without any compromise in quality.
The aforementioned factors allow these houses to have an edge over the usual homes and thus are growing to be a popular choice amongst the property owners.
Different Types of Prefabricated Homes
There are three common types of prefabricated homes manufactured by reputable companies and these are
- Manufactured Homes: Developed in the late 15th century, these are exceptional homes which are completely constructed in factories. Such prefab houses should come in compliance with the federal standards of the governing country and are regarded to be a common option amongst many.
- Modular Homes: Modular home is similar to that of manufactured homes, however in this style, the construction of the house occurs in various segments and later they are connected and secured at the site. The construction of such homes requires skill, competence, and knowledge of an expert, as most of them have inbuilt electrical & plumbing system that must be extremely well connected.
- Panelized Homes: The panelized homes, on the other hand, begins its life in panels of walls which are brought to the building site, after which foundation and the flooring of the house are done. Once the flooring of the house is completed then the sections of walls are fixed so that it remains secure.
Things to consider before Buying Prefab Homes
There are a few important things that you need to consider before purchasing prefab houses, so that you can find an ideal home of your choice and these are
- Make a note of the durability of the home by considering the wide range of materials that are involved in the process of construction.
- Know more about the electrical and plumbing systems that are installed in the home and how its efficiency is maintained.
- Never forget to determine the perfect design and style of house, which would ultimately turn out to be the house of your dreams.
Author bio: I am Mary Mathis, a knowledgeable and qualified blogger. I adore writing blogs on many topics, like Home Improvement, Pet, Food, Automotive, Business, Health, Lifestyle etc.
Google plus: https://plus.google.com/+MaryMathismary