Brilliant and Easy Ways to Unclog a Drain
By Zac Ferry
The warning signs that the drain is clogged are that the sink is taking a longer time to drain. The water also starts to pool around the feet in the shower. The house gets filled with unpleasant odors. When the clog gets blocked, you will come to know with all these signs. It is the most boring and irritating situation if the drain gets completely blocked. Then this is the time that you must act immediately. The drain gets clogged due to many reasons like excess hair and gunk that has built up in the surface of the drain. The blocked drain is something that is enough to spoil a good evening. The situation might arise to get the help of a professional plumber. Plunger is one such tool that can be used to clear the most stubborn drain. You can get it in any hardware shop. In this case, you can also try some DIY techniques to clear the clogged drain. You can pour some hot water mix with vinegar or you can also try to plug out the deposited garbage from the drainage system. But these options can provide you temporary relief and you need to hire some professional drain cleaning services to unclog the drains.
How would you remove the clogs from the drains with DIY techniques?
- The surprisingly effective method to clear the clog is the use of bent wire hanger. It must be straightened in the best possible way. One of the ends must be bent to create a small hook. The wire is then pushed past the drain cover to remove all the clogged materials inside the drain.
- Baking soda is also a nice way to clear the blocked drain. You must just take about one third cup of baking soda and one third cup of vinegar in a measuring cup. Once it starts fizzing, you must waste no time but drop it into the drain. The action that is created due to the mixture will remove all the gunk and grime. Once it settles down overnight. It will get cleared after flushing hot water.
- The wet and dry shop vacuum is a terrific tool for blocked drain. First and foremost, the drain must
- be set with vacuum liquids and then cover the vent so that it does not create any mess.
- Boiling water is another effective remedy to clear the drain. The hot water that is poured into the drain will start working in seconds and gradually the drain will be completely cleared. This is the easiest way to get an unclogged drain.
How to keep the drain clean?
The drain must be cleaned on a regular basis. The maintenance of drains is one of the most important parts in living in a healthy environment. The occurrence of blocked drain can be avoided by property maintenance.
- The pipes must be checked at the time of repair or maintenance. The plumbing lines must be kept clean so that the drains do not get clogged. The accumulation of food, grease, soap, hair, scum all must be avoided by the residents.
- If at all there is a minimum problem, you can either clear it with proper tools or call a plumber to do the needful. If the clog is stubborn the specialists have proper tools and chemical with which they can clear the drain.
- Preventive maintenance is a very effective way to solve the entire problem related to clogged drains. The best way is to get the bathtub, sinks and showers cleaned by professionals every year.
Moreover, you must call the drain cleaning services for complete cleaning of your sewage lines.