How to Eliminate Tree Roots in Drains?
An array of trees blooming during the spring season in the neighborhood imparts aesthetic appeal to the ambiance. Also, mature plants maintain perfect ecological balance around the home. During the summer season, the natural sheds play an important role in providing respite from the scorching heat. Although there are many advantages of trees, they can also cause problems to the drainage systems of houses. Roots growing inside the sewer can clog the water flow resulting in a flood like situation. Here are some tips to accomplish the tasks in an easy way.
Prevent the Roots from entering the Sewer Pipes
Drainage water comprises of food items, flowing through the pipe and are absorbed by the roots, nearby, and the plantations start to grow within the pipes. A small crack or loose joint can cause lots of problems for the homeowners. Due to the slight opening, the water vapor is released into the air and causes the roots to grow inside the drains. If left untreated, the root transforms into a mass and causes impediments to the flow of water.
In order to prevent such occurrences, you would have to identify the problem at an early stage. If you wait for a long time, extensive repairs are required to resolve the problem. When pipes start to clog, they make a gurgling sound. You can clear the drains if you notice these incidences, however, the problems can persist even after the best of efforts to prevent them.
The problems of toilet gurgle and clogged drains occur due to the water getting accumulated in the bathtub and washing machine. They are signs that the tree roots have grown into the perforated pipes and you should do the needful at the earliest.
Roots are still present, now what?
- The roots continue to grow, however, it is the responsibility of the homeowner to remove the impurities from the lateral pipes.
- You should contact the sewer specialist to drain out the impurities periodically. It will track the growth of the roots inside the pipe and nip the problem in the bud before it snowballs into a major issue.
- One can, also, block the direction of the root growth by using a homemade solution of copper sulfate. It should be drained down the toilet to eliminate the traces of root that are present in the sewers.
- The substance is toxic to the green vegetation, and an effective solution for eliminating tree roots in drains.
- People do not know the extent of the problem; therefore, it is always safe to avail the help of professionals to accomplish the task.
Call the plumber:
If you are not able to unclog the drains on your own, then it is a wise move to call the plumber or the sewer specialist to complete the job. If the problem relates to sewer, you can call the relevant expertise to resolve the issue within the shortest turnaround time. There are many companies that are engaged in cleaning up the debris, however, the final choice depends on the requirements and specifications of the client.
- Professionals have the necessary expertise to diagnose the problem. They use cameras to insert into the pipe, in order to visually mark the position of the solid waste.
- It is an essential step to evaluate the size of the root mass and how much damage it has caused to the pipes.
- Based on the seriousness of the issue, experts propose a range of solutions to the customers.
- Generally, roots are removed with the help of the chemical treatment process and if unsuccessful, then the mechanical routing method is used and considered effective treatment.
- In case of severe damages, new pipes are laid into the sewer to facilitate the seamless flow of water. Foaming solution can play a very important role in blocking the growth of the roots as well.