Plantation Shutters: Perfect for Your Windows
Windows form an integral part of the house and allow sunlight and fresh air from to enter the house. It is important to take good care of the windows ad only the best products should be used when dealing with windows. Ordinary curtains and blinds are no more trending and people are turning to a better alternative, plantation shutters.
Plantation shutters are wooden frames that are permanently attached to the windows. These have movable louvers which are controlled using a rod. Plantation shutters have been in the market for a long time and have been the first choice of the people since then. They are the perfect solution to all the problems of the windows.
Plantation shutters are available in various designs and made from a number of materials. The material used for manufacture depends on the use of shutters. Shutters are made from different materials depending on the place of use as well. The material used has to be chosen based on the climatic conditions like temperature, sunlight and moisture. A person should consider the following factors before selecting the shutters.
The different types of plantation shutters are given below:
- Vinyl Shutters: These are made of vinyl and contain no wood. They are cost-efficient and thus have a good share of the market. Vinyl shutters are moisture resistant and thus preferred in places with high moisture content. The installation is also simple, and a buyer can easily install them after viewing a tutorial.
- Composite Shutters: These are made from engineered wood. It provides an aesthetic appearance and works perfectly for a long period of time.
- Wooden Shutters:These are the best of all the options available in the market. Wood has always been the first choice of buyers and wooden shutters have the largest share of the market. They are custom made and can be colored as per the choice of the buyer. They have the highest strength to weight ratio which is also a major reason for its popularity.Unlike blinds and curtains, plantation shutters can be made as per the design and measurements provided by you so as to have the perfect fitting and appearance. A buyer can simply measure the size of his window and inform the dealer about it. The ease with which plantation shutters perform is splendid and the effectiveness and efficiency are better than all the available options.
The list of advantages of plantation shutters is long and only a few can be incorporated in this article:
- Life: The life of plantation shutter is much longer when compared to drapes, blinds and curtains. It is made from durable materials and can easily resist change in condition and sunlight.
- Save energy:They allow a good amount of sunlight to pass through and thus keep the house warm in winters and cool in summers. This directly reduces the power consumption bill.
- Shapes, sizes and designs: They are available in a number of shapes, sizes and designs. This ensures that the buyer has a lot of options and does not have to compromise on his preference.
- Cleaning:Curtains and blinds accumulate dust which is clearly visible. Cleaning them is also a tiresome task while cleaning of plantation shutters is simple and does not require a lot of hard work.
Plantation shutters are the perfect option for anyone thinking of working with the windows. They provide all the facilities a buyer demands and are cost efficient as well. This makes them the ideal choice for the buyer. If you wish to get these installed at your home, contact your nearest dealer, ask for the prices and get them installed.