Acoustic ceilings are a beautiful way to decorate your room. They are generally used in commercial stores but recently have gained popularity in residential apartments as well. These ceilings can jazz up any room, and because they are easy to install, it becomes easy for any homeowner to do it themselves. These installations can accommodate several varieties of lights that enhance the look of your room. You can hire a handy-man to do the job for you or do it yourself by following some simple steps.
Steps involved in acoustic ceiling installation?
The Following Steps Will Elaborate on Acoustic Ceiling Installation:
- Try to Draw the Room According to The Scale: Take a graph paper and draw the dimensions of the room. Make sure it is according to scale. The size of the pattern will help determine the required materials for the ceiling. Each pattern gives a different look to the ceiling. You can sketch the possible patterns. These panels should be spaced out and should be equal and as large as possible.
- Select the Location for Lighting:If the ceiling is going to be recessed and lights are to be installed, you need to decide the location of the panels of light and place them accurately on the drawing. You must determine the exact height at which theacoustic ceiling installation is to be done. Make sure there is a minimum gap of 3 to 4 inches between the old ceiling and the new acoustic ceiling installation. It should be kept in mind that the additional space is mandatory if you want to attach extra lighting.
- Wall Angles to Be Attached:Locate the exact place where the acoustic ceiling installation is to be put. Use a level and draw a demarcation throughout the room that will indicate the position of the wall angles. Attach the wall angles properly. You can use studs and other fasteners.
- Install the Wiring: if additional light has to be installed inside the acoustic ceiling installation, wiring should be put inside before the suspension wires are put into place. You can install fluorescent lights inside these panels as well.
- Attach the Suspension Wires:the suspension wires should be cut according to instructions. The wire must be 12 inches longer than the old ceiling and the new acoustic ceiling installation.
- Attach the Other Parts:the main tees and cross tees must be attached at the instructed positions. Make sure you do not use approximation but measured distances to avoid any problems.
- Attach the Acoustic Ceiling Installation: place the acoustic ceiling in their position in a slightly tilted manner. Lift them above the framework, and they will automatically fall into their position.
What Are the Tools Required?
- Carpet knife
- Cordless drill
- Tape measure
- Tin snips
What Are the Advantages of Installing an Acoustic Ceiling?
Better sound quality: It increases the quality of sound in a room. They do not absorb any sound vibrations and are thus great for theatres and auditoriums.
Affordable: They are very affordable as a construction option, and the labor charge is considerably lower than others.
Flexibility: You can make changes in the tiles and designs after installation. Flexibility is the key, unlike other ceilings.
Varity: They are available in many designs and you can also customize the looks.
Acoustic ceilings are becoming popular in all kinds of spaces. There are homes, schools and offices and many other places that have opted for these ceilings because of the plethora of benefits they come with.