Major League Baseball’s Opening Day is just around the corner, and Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the award-winning food and beverage partner of nine MLB teams, is unveiling its 2019 ballpark menu highlights, full of new takes on ballpark favorites and better-for-you options.
“Our chefs spent the off-season developing new recipes and innovative concepts to further enhance the game day dining experience for fans,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “With a focus on quality, health, convenience and personalization, the new menu items we are introducing offer something for everyone and are sure to be a hit with fans.”
As part of Aramark’s Healthy for Life 20 By 20 initiative, an ongoing commitment to providing fans with greater variety, choice and access to healthier menu options, Aramark continues to expand better-for-you options throughout the ballparks it serves. Here are some of the new better-for-you menu items Aramark is introducing for the 2019 season:
- “32 Ingredient Salad” (Rogers Centre) – Thirty two plant-based ingredients including Brussels sprouts, kale, green cabbage, romaine lettuce, carrots, butternut squash, red cabbage, white & red quinoa, sunflower & pomegranate seeds, orange juice, honey, apple cider vinegar, garlic and more (vegan, gluten free).
- Beyond Burger (Minute Maid Park) – Plant-based Beyond Burger, served Caribbean-style, with black beans, avocado pineapple relish and Sriracha aioli.
- Beyond Sausage (Kauffman Stadium) – 100% plant-based sausage served with sauerkraut (vegan, gluten free).
- Marty’s V Burger (Citi Field) – Dedicated vegan stand.
- Original – Beyond Burger with melted cheddar “cheese”, special sauce, pickles and lettuce.
- Beyond Bratwurst– Vegan bratwurst.
- Nourish (Oakland Coliseum) – A portable concession stand dedicated to serving healthy fare, including build your own salads, rice or quinoa bowls.
- Quinoa Blueberry Salad (PNC Park) – Red quinoa, chopped hearts of palm, spinach, blueberries, cucumbers, carrots, sunflower seeds and balsamic dressing.
- Southwest Inspired Caesar Bowl (Rogers Centre) – Crisp romaine, fried tortilla strips, black beans, salsa, quinoa, chickpeas, roasted squash, guacamole, cotija cheese and poblano dressing (gluten free, vegetarian).
- Ultimate Vegetarian Burger (Rogers Centre) – Grilled vegan patty, avocado, lettuce, tomato and garlic aioli, on a potato bun.
- Vegan Lettuce Wraps (Citizens Bank Park) – Curry cauliflower, fried chickpeas and coconut milk (vegan).
Aramark is the proud partner of eleven Major League Baseball teams, providing food and beverages, retail and/or facilities service to the Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, New York Mets, Oakland A’s, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres and Toronto Blue Jays.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We work to put our sustainability goals into action by focusing on initiatives that engage our employees, empower healthy living, preserve our planet and build local communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
KEYWORDS: Aramark, Baseball, Major League Baseball (MLB), Opening Day, Health, Wellness, nutrition, vegan, vegetarian, NYSE:ARMK