2018 “Performance with Purpose” Report Outlines Significant ESG Progress
SOURCE: Ingersoll Rand
April 23, 2019 /3BL Media/ Ingersoll Rand released its 12th annual ESG Report, Performance with Purpose today. The report provides a comprehensive update on its environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance, including significant advances in its climate and social sustainability initiatives.
- Reduced operational impact:
- A total of 45% reduction in GHG emissions intensity – surpassing its science-based goal of 35% by 2020
- Replacing 32% of U.S. electricity use with green energy and reducing U.S. Scope 2 emissions from electricity by 32% – the equivalent of preserving 600 acres of forest
- Solar power installations at three locations in the U.S. and China address 15% of the energy needs of those facilities – the equivalent of taking 1,000 cars off the road in each region
- Increased support of customer sustainability initiatives:
- Approximately 25% of the company’s revenue is from products and services that contribute to the transition to clean energy
- Improved supplier diversity:
- $448M total global spend from diverse-owned businesses – a 9% increase over 2017
- $253M in global spend with women-owned businesses – a 23% increase over 2017
CEO and Chairman Michael Lamach notes, “Sustainability is more than something we do, it’s everything we do. It’s embedded into our brand promise. It is the enabling force behind Ingersoll Rand growing faster than the global economy. It is how we ensure lasting value for our stakeholders and positively impact the world.”
To read Performance with Purpose, Ingersoll Rand’s 2018 ESG report, please visit: https://company.ingersollrand.com/strengths/sustainability/sustainability-reports/sustainability-supplement.html
The report follows the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards. For more information on GRI, please visit http://www.globalreporting.org. Ingersoll Rand assures selected environmental, health and safety data with a third-party provider.
About Ingersoll Rand
Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR) advances the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands — including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King® and Trane® — work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Tweet me: .@IngersollRand released its annual ESG report titled Performance with Purpose. It provides a comprehensive update on environmental, social and governance performance, including significant advances in its climate and social sustainability initiatives.
KEYWORDS: Ingersoll Rand, NYSE:IR