Make an iPad Pro Draft Table Stand for $5
Since I bought the 12.9″ iPad Pro (2nd Generation), I have been searching for the perfect stand I could use on my desk. I would like to be able to jot down notes when I am on business calls. The problem is that I have not been able to find a stand that is stable and holds the iPad at just that right angle that is comfortable to write with the apple pencil.
The best stand that I found was the Draft Table for iPad Pro. If I was in an office environment, I would definitely suggest this. It has variable angles, it looks sturdy and I think it would make a great addition to a workstation.
However, if you are on a bit of a budget after putting out $1000+ for your iPad Pro and another $100+ for the Apple Pencil, I have a pretty awesome $5 hack you will love.
Here is what you will need:
- an iPad Pro (it will work with both sizes) and an Apple Pencil – #3 in picture
- a 2″ ring binder (can find at Wal-Mart or any Office Supply store for less than $5). Needs to be the flat type – no rings poking out. – #4 in picture
- duct tape (for a fancy look, match the color of the duct tape to the binder) – #2 in picture
- a smart cover for your iPad (you can spend around $30 on Amazon for one or as little as $10 on eBay. Get the kind that has a plastic casing for the back of the iPad for the best results.) – #1 in picture
Here is all you need to do:
- Duct tape the binder so it will not open.
- Set the iPad on the binder.
- Tuck the smart cover around and under the binder. This is why I suggest a 2″ binder. It fits perfectly.
- Place your Apple Pencil above the iPad and you are done.
This is what it looks like from the front – can’t see the binder at all. There is a natural place for the apple pencil. The binder is very solid and the smart cover tucked under keeps it from sliding around.