March 15, 2019 – Vaisala, a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement, has published its Annual Report 2018. The report integrates strategy, value creation, financial statements, governance, and sustainability information all into one coherent report.
Vaisala believes in a world where environmental observations improve the safety, efficiency, and quality of life in societies. Implementing an integrated approach in its reporting, Vaisala describes its impacts to its customers, and to the different parts of society.
In Vaisala, as in businesses everywhere, focus on sustainability is shifting from reducing negative impacts to creating sustained value over time and positive societal impacts. In Vaisala, this manifests itself through offering sustainable technologies with real-world impacts to our customers.
Through its weather solutions, Vaisala safeguards lives and property and reduces environmental impacts. Industrial measurements bring efficiencies and reduce energy and material consumption in customers’ operations. Renewable energy solutions and services optimize site selection and power output for the renewable energy sector. Air quality observation networks warn citizens and authorities about dangerous levels of pollution in urban areas.
Ultimately, Vaisala’s technology and solutions help safeguard lives and property, while enabling critical decision-making that facilitates effective and efficient operations. Vaisala strongly believes that the value created to societies, outweighs the negative impacts of its operations.
Key Achievements during 2018
- Strengthened the position in remote wind sensing by acquiring Leosphere SAS.
- Expanded to a new growth market by acquiring the pioneer in liquid measurements, K-Patents. The acquisition strengthens Vaisala’s position as the global leader in the industrial measurements market.
- Vaisala’s viewLinc Continuous Monitoring System was awarded by Laatukeskus Excellence Finland in the Quality Innovation Award competition in the Business Innovation category for large companies.
- Introduced the seventh generation of visibility and present weather sensors: Vaisala Forward Scatter FD70 Series.
- Introduced the next-generation automatic sounding system Vaisala AUTOSONDE® AS41.
- Launched the Vaisala Lightning Integrator and Lightning Exporter services that allow companies to access historical lightning data in the United States.
- Supplied state-of-the-art air quality sensors to ICE Gateway’s real-time smart city network in Prague.
- Expanded the service offering to ISO/IEC 17025 accredited carbon dioxide calibrations.
Social Media Accounts:
Vaisala is a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement. Building on over 80 years of experience, Vaisala provides observations for a better world. We are a reliable partner for customers around the world, offering a comprehensive range of innovative observation and measurement products and services. Headquartered in Finland, Vaisala employs more than 1,800 professionals worldwide and is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange. www.vaisala.com www.twitter.com/VaisalaGroup
Tweet me: .@VaisalaGroup believes in a world where environmental observations improve the safety, efficiency, & quality of life in societies. Read about the positive impact they’re making in their latest Annual Report http://bit.ly/2VV2CAs via @ReportAlert
KEYWORDS: Vaisala, Vaisala Group, ReportAlert