Today, we live in an environment where millions of air born particles accumulateand they create various risks in humans like asthma and other breathing issues. In fact, every industry, especially the ones dealing with impurities need filters. Vacuum Filters are the most common type of filters that are usually employed. Vacuum Filters are machines that use simple techniques for the separation of impurities from the required substance.
Different Types of Vacuum Filters:
Vacuum Filterscome in varied shapes and sizes. Commonly, there are 5 kinds of vacuum filters- Drum Filters, Disc Filters, Horizontal Belt Filters, Tilting pan Filters and Table Filters.
#1. Table Filter: Belonging to the top feed group of vacuum filters, these filters are from the decade of the 40s. It was made up of primarily a simple and small design. Its main shortcoming is the necessary arrangements that were required for prevention of spillage of the desired substance.
#2. Tilting Pan Filter:This kind of vacuum filter belongs to the top feed category. These filters are mainly used in industries dealing with phosphoric acid or industries dealing with the washing of phosphate rock.
#3. Horizontal Belt Filters:These filters are primarily used to separate sludge from water in the chemicalindustry, mining and water treatment. The process of filtration is carried out by passing a filtration cloth and belts through rollers.
#4. Disk Filters: This filter belongs to the side feeding category of vacuum filters. They usually are suited for heavy duty separations like removing the water from the iron ore of taconite, aluminium hydrate, coal, copper concentrate etc. These filters were at their peak usage during the 60s when the metallurgical industry was booming.
#5. The Rotary Drum Filter: This kind of vacuum filter is possibly the oldest among all other kinds. The main components that this filter consists of are- the drum, the valve, the internal piping, the drum deck, the filter cloth, the cake discharge mechanism, drum speed variation, the agitator, the tank, the cake washing manifold, andcontrol instrumentation.
Choosing the Right Vacuum Filter for the Right Industry:
#1. Table Filter:
This Vacuum Filteris suitable for:
- Processes that require a de-lumpedcake, in the steps that follow.
- When the solids present in the sludge settles too quick to be separated in side feed filters.
- When cake washing needs to be intensive
#2. Horizontal Belt Filters:
This Filter is suitable for:
- Solids that settle too quick to be separated by side fed filters.
- Cases where the sludge is fast dewatering and require short cycles.
- When intensive cake laundry is needed since belt filters create it doable to use counter-current laundry. On Drum Filters, for instance, the time on the market for laundry is very restricted thanks to its pure mathematics.
- When scale formation thanks to flash evaporation could be a downside or filtrate temperature should be maintained a vacuum box steam jacketing could also be provided.
- When the cake tends to clog the fabric its continuous removal once cake discharge permits dislodging of particles by thorough laundry of the fabric on each side with high impact nozzles.
#3. Disk Filters:
The main concerns in choosing a Disc Filter are:
- When they suit associate application that meets the subsequent requirements.
- The form to dry time quantitative relation is close to ½ to one.
- No cake laundry is needed.
- The cake elements simply from the material.
- The cloth doesn’t clog.
- When a material on one in all the sectors tears, the whole sector could also be replaced inside a really short period.
If you want yourself and your workers to breathe in a healthy environment, then you must use these filters onyour campus. The industries should pinpoint the sludge they have to deal with and decide accordingly on the kind of Vacuum Filtersthey need to purchase in order to effectively carry out filtration.